Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Maximize PDF file size

Started by ConorLerkin, July 15, 2023, 08:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConorLerkin

My issue is simple, I use BH for PDF charts, I want them as large as possible, without borders, buttons, banners, nags. etc.

So as an example, I'll use Big Setlist layout which is about the best I can do, but there are pretty large borders top and bottom- which seem like they could be eliminated to max the chart size?

I have tried going through the laborious process of zooming each file and saving the zoom level, but that seems to mess up the way my footswitch works.

Specific tips/pointers would be VERY helpful.

arlo

Unless you can go back to your original documents to reduce the margins in the documents themselves, zooming each document and saving the zoom level is the only option. What is wrong with the way the foot switch works?

ConorLerkin

The margins are NOT in the documents. When you pull up each pdf there is a margin in the application space above and below the doc. Once I zoom a doc I can't reliably step through each page, then onto the next doc, and BACK to the original.

arlo

Please attach one of your documents, and a screen shot showing how it displays in the app.

basssebe

Hi.
I have the same issue here.
As I prepare most songs completely as PDFs and I do it since a long time, I know, that the size of the PDFs must be ok to be shown in FullScreen.
But since a couple of updates, there's this grey border.
Will do a screenshot next time, I'm onstage with my iPad.

basssebe

Attatched are two screenshots.
The PDFs are exactly the resolution of the iPad. And if I view them in other iOS applications, they look fullscreen...
Any ideas?

arlo

It looks like you have a quite old iPad (30-pin connector) with an old iOS version. That gray border won't appear on a newer iOS version. You can also check if you have Help > Utilities > Use Old Document Viewer on the app version you have now and see if that setting makes a difference. That code is several years old and I don't remember the details of when those changes happened.