Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Default smart lists missing

Started by JefftheBassist, June 07, 2022, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JefftheBassist

I'm coming back to BandHelper after a long hiatus.  I'm interested in using smart lists and would like to see the default smart lists, but the list is empty.  How do I get those? 
The tutorial says "If you go to Repertoire > Smart Lists and have an empty list, you can click Help > Utilities > Load Default Smart Lists." I can't find "Load Default Smart Lists" on the web interface, iPad app or Android app. What should I do?

arlo

The tutorial is wrong -- the default smart lists are only created when you create an account. I just removed that sentence.

You can proceed to the next step and create a custom smart list. The simplest possible smart list has no filters and is sorted by title. But you can add filters and sort by different fields to display your songs differently. On a tablet, you'll see a live preview as you change the settings.

JefftheBassist

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you think of a quick way to make a smart list to track songs that are in the repertoire but not included in any sets?  I made a smart list of songs that have never been performed, but that won't catch songs that were performed then removed from a set.

arlo

If you have removed a song from a set list, BandHelper won't know it was performed. However, this filter doesn't look at undated set lists, so if you're trying to show songs that aren't in any set lists including undated set lists, that will show songs you don't want to see.

I think you might be able to use the "Song included in" filter with no set list selected, but it looks like that's broken at the moment, so I'll have to fix that and then see if that option is possible.

JefftheBassist

Is there a way to do a "Not in setlist named x" smart list?  That would help us, I think.

arlo

Yes, that should work but I need to fix the set list selection button.

arlo

This is fixed in the new version 2022-06-10 released today.

You cannot select songs that aren't in any set list by using this filter with an empty value. However, you can use a filter "Frequency performed equals 0" plus additional filters "Song is not included in [set list name]" for any undated set lists.

JefftheBassist

This works perfectly. Thank you!