Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Setting up SLM for first time user...

Started by joden, June 17, 2022, 04:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joden

Most of the setup is fine and is pretty intuitive, however I am having an issue with apps receiving the data from SLM.

I note the instructions mention a MIDI icon appearing to the left of a song name when a MIDI preset has been selected. However in my test song, no icon appears, even though I (think) I have set up the MIDI preset correctly and saved it.

What am I missing? I think this is the reason no data is going out when I select the song as SLM "thinks" there is none. The apps I am sending to appear in the devices list and have been selected.

arlo

MIDI icons no longer appear in the main Songs list, but they appear on the song edit pages, so you can test sending MIDI presets from there.

You can also click the MIDI icon in the top toolbar and look at the Activity Log to see what MIDI data is being sent out.

joden

Thanks. Yes I see that the log is showing data going out so it must be an error in the receiving app (Lumbeat Drum apps)

joden

So does SLM automatically send this data when you select a song?

Went back to to it this morning and all I can see in that activity log is turning the keyboard on and off, no other data appears.

joden

So when I tap on a song in the list and then check the monitor (by tapping the MIDI icon at top right) there is nothing in the activity log. How do you send this data to another app?

arlo

By default, Set List Maker does not automatically send MIDI when you select a song. If you want this to happen, you can click the Edit Layout button in the top toolbar of the show view, select Edit Details, scroll down to Actions and change Send MIDI to Song Selection.

joden

Quote from: arlo on June 19, 2022, 09:40:45 AM
By default, Set List Maker does not automatically send MIDI when you select a song. If you want this to happen, you can click the Edit Layout button in the top toolbar of the show view, select Edit Details, scroll down to Actions and change Send MIDI to Song Selection.

umm, the only thing I can find is Layouts-More Controls-Edit Details - Send Midi which I set to Song Selection....however it does not work! That address you wrote I cannot locate. EG, under the Show View there is no Edit Layout button...al I get there is View;More Layout Options; Edit Details;Edit Songs;Share Setlist;Share Songs.

Now, when I use my chart app (Unrealbook) I do not need to set anything, all I do is enter the MSB/LSB and PC data in it's MIDI box and it simply works! No setting up devices, no midi presets, simply have both apps open and it works. SLM is so arcane, and also the manual online seems ot be rather different in these "under the hood" issues.

arlo

The menu you listed is one step before the show view. The edit layout button is in the top toolbar when you are viewing a show. That's a shortcut for editing your layout; it sounds like you found the standard way to do that anyway.

Is More Controls the layout you're using when you view your show? If you're not sure, you can try again using the shortcut button in the top toolbar, because that edits whatever layout you are currently viewing.