Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Live Sharing Issues while also using external display

Started by bdjones72, January 06, 2024, 12:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdjones72

Hello.  I am having trouble figuring out how to accomplish something.  I am using SLM to run a backing track as well as video.  In order to see the video on an external screen I have the External Display content set to Doc+1.  I would also like to live share to another ipad the lyrics that are typed into the lyrics field for each song.  However when I try to do this the second ipad I am broadcasting to only shows a black screen not the lyrics or the video.  If I set the External Dsplay setting to Domument then the lyrics will display on the 2nd ipad, but the lyrics are also displayed on the extenal divice I want the video to display on.  Any advice as to accomplish what I'm trying to do would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

arlo

If you're doing screen sharing, the following devices are treated like external screens and the External Display > Content setting is used. So you cannot show a video on the "real" external screen and lyrics on the following device.

Instead, you can share actions with the following device, so it selects songs in sync with you, but it displays its own lyrics directly within its own layout. Instructions are in the second half of the Live Sharing tutorial.

bdjones72

OK.  So if I am understanding you correctly the seconds ipad will have to have the lyrics on it but will change songs as the main ipad changes them?

arlo

bdjones72

I tried to share my Database with the other ipad and received the attached error message when we tried to import it.  Both ipads are running the same version of SLM.

arlo

It looks like you renamed the database file that you exported. You can't do that because the file name contains info about the database that the app needs.

bdjones72

I don't believe that I renamed the database.  I exported the database via email to myself.  Then downloaded that to my computer and resent it to my bandmate so he could import it into his ipad.  Therfore whatever the name was when it was received in the email is what it remained as I emailed it to him.

arlo

Maybe your bandmate renamed it? Your screen shot shows the filename that is being imported and it is not the original filename.

bdjones72

You were right.  File was renamed.  Thank you for the help!!

arlo