Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

TAP Tempo Button in Layout

Started by Meistermacher, June 27, 2022, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meistermacher

Hi Arlo,

A practical example.
In a session I count in another musician. But he changes the tempo during the first verse, which he plays alone.
So now I have to pick up his tempo and not the one set in the song.

For this it would be helpful if a tap button were available in the layout, which can also be addressed via remote control / MIDI.

The new tempo should only be temporary. When changing to another song in the song list, the original tempo must be displayed again.
Thanks Gert

arlo

This is on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

arlo

In the version 2023-09-10 released today, you can long-press the tempo button and then click the option to start a tap tempo function. You can also assign a tap tempo function to an app control action like a foot switch or a two-fingered tap, from the Settings > App Control page. In either case, you would need to tap five beats and then the tempo will start playing on the fifth beat.

Briman

I have two different iPads. One has the option to assign a note to tap tempo in Settings>App Control and it works great, I assigned a button on my Looptimus Mini. The other iPad is missing the tap tempo action. It should show up between Mute/Unmute Tempo and Play Pitch like it does on my other iPad. I want to use this iPad which has much longer battery life, but I need the tap tempo action to work. What am I missing?

arlo

It sounds like you need to update to the current app version on one of the iPads.