Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Cannot Import Database on iOS App

Started by craZivn, July 05, 2022, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craZivn

So, I open SLM on my iPad, navigate into a database, select the round "import/export database" icon and select "import database".
A window pops up which allows me to navigate through my folders and files on the iPad as well as my Google Drive. This works fine and I can locate my SLM backup .db files, bit they're greyed out and I cannot select them to import them. This happens irrespective of where the file is located.

The same process works fine using SLM on my Android phone so the issue seems to be with the iPad app specifically.
Is anyone else having this issue? My device is an iPad 4 Mini running the latest iOS 15, but the problem existed with an older version of iOS as well which is why I tried updating to 15 in the first place.

Thanks,
Ivan

arlo

The database format changed last month. An older app version can't import a newly exported file and a newly updated app can't import an older exported file. The solution is to update to the current app version on all your devices, then export and import again.

craZivn

Thanks, updated my Android app to the latest version and it works now!

I was able to restore my most important backups to the Android before updating so I didn't lose any databases, but does this mean that all my old backup .db files are useless, or is there a way to update or convert them to the .sqlite format?

Ivan

arlo

QuoteI was able to restore my most important backups to the Android before updating so I didn't lose any databases

I'm not sure what you mean by that; you don't have to restore anything before updating an app version (although exporting your database as a backup first never hurts).

Quotedoes this mean that all my old backup .db files are useless, or is there a way to update or convert them to the .sqlite format

If you have a problem with a device and the only backup you have is in the old format, I can convert it for you. If you have not yet made any backups in the new format, then it would be good to make new backups now.

craZivn

What I meant was, there were some databases that I had backups of but had been deleted from the SLM apps on both my devices. When I realized that my iPad (my main device) wasn't able to load the old backups, I loaded them up on my backup Android device which fortunately still happened to be running an older version of SLM. Then I updated the Android app and re-exported all the old databases in the new .sqlite format.
I've got duplicate copies of the old databases on local drives as well as on Gdrive which is why I asked if the .db format is useless now. I'll go ahead and replace them all with the new .sqlite versions.

Thanks again,
Ivan

arlo