Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Auto Scroll and Play

Started by dotonemanband, July 13, 2022, 06:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dotonemanband

I've been down this road before ... still trying to figure it out and watched the bh vid from April 2022. When I start a song file I have to tap play (speaker icon) to start the song and also tap the auto-scroll (page w/down arrow icon) therefore I have to tap each icon (two taps). If I'm going from one song to another in a hurry, I sometimes forget to press the auto-scroll icon and then the song is playing with no auto-scroll unless I reach over and tap it during the song. I'd like to be able to tap once the play (speaker icon) and have the auto-scroll automatically start without tapping twice. Can this be done? (one tap to start both the play and auto-scroll) I watched the video and it looks like I have to program this to each song file. Can it be setup to default to all the files or do I have to set it up seperately with each file? ... that would take some time but willing to do that.

Neill00

So I take it that you want to be able to select the next song without starting the song right away.  Then at some point after the song is selected you want to tap a single icon to start both the audio and the auto scroll?  What if you set both the auto scroll and start recording in your layout (under edit details) to "second song selection" then you can just select the song a second time when you're ready to start and it'll trigger both the auto scroll and the recording at the same time?

arlo

To start multiple functions with one action, please see the section on Layout Actions on this page:

https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/changing_layouts.html#layout_actions

avdb

Or use the truly powerful automation feature that is built in.
Automation is truly worth exploring!

arlo

I think you're referring to automation tracks, which are good if you want to trigger actions automatically at specific times during a song. If you only need to trigger some actions manually, including multiple actions at once, layout actions are easier to set up and manage (or remote control actions, which are similar but use a foot switch instead of a screen gesture).