Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Switching Between Apps

Started by soundog, July 29, 2022, 05:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundog

I want to switch between Set List Maker and Loopy Pro either by iPad onscreen buttons or via MIDI controller. I have added a SLM Layout button with URL scheme that launches Loopy Pro, and that works correctly. What I am trying to figure out is how to switch back to SLM from Loopy Pro.

Clues: Loopy Pro will allow me to create a button send a MIDI Message directly to a Target (Set List Maker, for example). I can send a PC, CC, Note or Hex message.

I also don't understand this from the SLM manual: "To return to Set List Maker after jumping to a different app, you can use the "Back to Set List Maker" button that appears in the top left corner." I don't see such a button anywhere after I jump to Loopy Pro.

What can you think of that I might try to switch back to SLM when it is running in the background?

arlo

The back button is provided by iOS and appears in small text in the status bar, where the clock would normally be. If you have an old device with an old iOS version it might not be there. Or in some situations it still might not be there ... that's determined by iOS.

Apps can't make themselves move to the foreground, so there's no way a message sent to Set List Maker in the background could make it come to the front.

The other option is to use screen gestures provided by iOS: swipe horizontally with three fingers, or swipe the home bar at the bottom of the screen on devices without a home button.

soundog

Thanks for your help, as always. I tried everything and nothing really did the trick for me, so I'm now using Split View on my iPad for both apps. That's working OK and its nice to have things as simple as possible when performing live solo stuff. SLM for songlists, lyrics, and sending MIDI program changes on song select; and Loopy Pro for looping and clip launching.