Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Color coding changes per project?

Started by fred, August 02, 2022, 12:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Hey gang, I'm trying to color code my songs differently in my band project than my solo project.... Is that possible.... Can't seem to find a way.

arlo

If you're sharing songs across projects, you can't give them different colors in each project. The only option would be to copy the songs, put one copy in each project, then give different colors to each copy.

fred

arlo

I should add that making separate copies of your songs for each project is not ideal, and it would be better to organize these songs another way besides colors if you can. For example, you could create different tags or custom fields for the different projects.

Neill00

I can see how it would be necessary to create two different versions of the same song for solo vs band situation especially if you are auto-starting backing tracks, etc. for the solo project.  But maybe it would be possible if you used two different layouts, one layout doesn't trigger the backing tracks upon song selection and the other does. I think the same could work if you are using automation to change things in your rig during the solo gig, you could set the automation up the same as the recording so it only starts in the solo project.  Just thinking out loud.

arlo

Yes, different layouts for each project would work well in some situations. Smart copies would work for this situation, but currently smart copies can't be assigned to different projects. However, if the only thing being changed is the color, a smart copy feels like overkill and I wonder if a tag or custom field would be a better solution.