Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Sync to External Clock

Started by Joe_K, September 03, 2015, 07:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe_K

Hi Arlo,

Can SLM's metronome sync to an external MIDI Clock?  I'm looking to have Ableton play loops and send MIDI clock to flash the SLM metronome.

Regards,

Joe

arlo

No, Set List Maker does not have this feature. But you could play a tempo in Set List Maker, with the flashing, and simultaneously send the MIDI clock signal to Ableton, if it can follow it.

Joe_K

I've been using the MIDI Clock out from SLM for quite a while, but I have new ideas where the clock from Ableton will need to be the master due to the flow of MIDI through my rig.  If you can put that feature on the wish list, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

arlo

arlo

The new version 2023-09-10 released today has Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Follow MIDI Beat Clock. This will flash the tempo button or generate click sounds (depending on your other settings on this page) when receiving incoming beat clock messages. The external device must send a Start message at the beginning of the Beat Clock messages and a Stop message at the end. This is only available in the iOS app.