Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Split screen apps on Samsung tablet available space

Started by eruji, June 08, 2023, 08:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eruji

I have the Samsung S7 FE which has a 12.4" screen. Im trying to run two apps in split screen mode but BH doesnt seem to allow me to utilize the entire available space to size object into. See the attachment. The red boxes are out of bound for me to scale items into.

Is there a setting im missing?

eruji

Ive also tried placing the tablet in portrait mode and it has the margins. something to do with the scaling the window down that increases side margins in either portrait or landscape

arlo

It looks like you're editing a layout that was made for the full screen size. While using the app in split-screen, you can do one of the following:

1) Go to Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details and click Copy for This Size to make a copy of the layout for the split-screen size, then edit the new copy.

2) Go to Repertoire > Layouts and click the + button at the top of the list to make a new layout for the split-screen size.

3) Click Help > Utilities > Load Standard Layouts to make a set of standard layouts for the split-screen size.

eruji

oh i see, so when the app window is resized then it registers as a new resolution. When looking in Repertoire > Layouts  now i see a crapton of sizes related to this device now. what a mess.

Okay at least i can use the rest of the space.

Thank You

arlo

The app only automatically makes layouts for the full screen size. If you made layouts for additional split-screen sizes and don't need them, you can delete them. This is easier on the website where you can search for a size and then batch-delete multiple layouts from that size.

eruji

Thanks, good tip.

just to show that it works here it is with the new resolution:  (598x753) is what it shows in the Layout details:

One more question: It seems like the option to make it "Scalable" maybe fixes the extra margins issue too?

arlo

I'm not sure what you mean by the "extra margins issue," but setting a layout to Scalable and then viewing it in a different window size than the layout's native size would typically add more margins -- it will letterbox or pillarbox the layout to make it fit into the new size.

eruji

oh okay, so its the opposite of what i was thinking it would do. i was thinking it would grow to fit the new resolution like html flexbox layout.

This is fine. thanks for the prompt support.

arlo

Right, a scalable layout will zoom to different sizes, with letterboxing or pillarboxing, but will not stretch or rearrange itself.

Darug

Looks like a great idea if you're tablet screen is big enough.