Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Price and Storage Increases

Started by arlo, August 08, 2018, 11:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

Today, for the first time, I raised the subscription prices for BandHelper. All prices are increased by 20%. However, all existing subscribers will still pay the old prices for as long as they keep their accounts. The new prices will only apply to new accounts.

I also increased the storage amount for documents and recordings from 1 GB to 5 GB for all existing and new accounts.

arlo

An update to the layout of the billing page on August 31 broke the code that applies the older pricing to older accounts, so accounts that renewed between Sept. 1 and Sept. 4 were mistakenly charged the new prices. I have refunded the price difference for those transactions.

Moon Dog

As I have mentioned in the past, my one issue with BandHelper is I cannot upload and use .AIF files on the website, they are too big. So I have to individually load them on all the iPads that are used for my show. I would willingly pay more for this feature if it were available it would save me so much time and trouble.
I can really hear the difference on my sound system between mp3's and aif's for my backing tracks.
Moon Dog

arlo

Are you wanting this so you can play recordings from the website, or so you can auto-sync the recordings to your devices? The former is a cost issue, but the latter is a practicality issue because it would take a long time to sync a lot of uncompressed audio files (and a cost issue because I have to pay for bandwidth as well as storage).

Moon Dog

Its the latter Arlo. I want to auto-sync .aiff files. Like I said I would be willing to pay for the storage. Its just a pain to maintain multiple iPads which I do for backups. Manually uploading the songs especially when I go and make a few updates to some songs during the week and then forget to manually upload...you know the drill.
I am probably one of a few who would need this so I get it. You have only so much time and so many priorities.
Thanks for all you do for us with BandHelper...
Moon Dog.

arlo

With today's release, the individual file size limit has been raised to 75 MB for Plus accounts and 500 MB for Pro accounts. It has been lowered to 15 MB for new Basic accounts, but preexisting Basic accounts will still use the previous 50 MB limit. The overall storage limits have also been raised accordingly, to 15 GB for Plus accounts and 50 GB for Pro accounts.

This should be enough to accommodate compressed recordings (MP3, M4A) for Basic accounts, uncompressed recordings (AIF, WAV) for Plus accounts and unusually long recordings or high-quality videos for Pro accounts.