Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Automation query please

Started by Jimjam58, August 15, 2022, 07:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimjam58

Just got SLM & wondering if this is possible...

I've set it to have each song load all Prog Changes including a mute vocal fx patch & a standby video file before the band starts.
This works fine.

But then I want to be able to hit it again when the band starts to update the PC's so the video changes & the vocal processing is activated when we're actually singing.

Ideally it'd be great if I could have the song output midi PC's to all, then pause (after say 5 secs) then output different Prog changes when re started.

But the only way I can see to do this is via automation/ markers.

If I setup each SLM song to be 5 minutes long with PC group 1 at the start, then I insert a marker at say 4 minutes to send PC group 2...???

We change the setlist around a lot & I want to only have 1 SLM song per song so it's easy to re arrange the set.

Unless there's already a way to do this that I haven't figured out yet ??

Thanks all.

Cheers
Jim

arlo

You can attach all your "reset" MIDI presets to the layout rather than attaching them to every song, and only attach the song-specific MIDI presets to the songs.

Then edit your layout details and set the Send Layout MIDI action to Song Selection and the Send MIDI action to Song Second Selection.

That would address the "I want to be able to hit it again when the band starts..." request.

I can think more about the "have the song output midi PC's to all, then pause (after say 5 secs) then..." request if you'd rather have that.

Jimjam58

Thanks Arlo,

The Layout is something I wasn't even aware of yet.
I'll investigate further to see if that will help me.

Thank you.👍