Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Personal transpose - inconsistent between devices

Started by pheldal, August 21, 2022, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pheldal

I have a tablet and a phone both hooked up to the same bandaccount/user, browsing through songs in the same setlist, but using device-specific layouts. On my tablet that is my primary devices all songs set up with personal transpose are displayed as expected, but on the phone (backup device) some songs are displayed with personal transpose and others not. Opening edit on the phone reveal 0 in the personal-transpose field, while the tablet show the intended value. I was for a moment thinking it may be a device-specific setting, but that firstly doesn't make sense, secondly should be consistent between songs. Is there anything in particular that could cause this intentionally, or is it something that should be reported as a bug with debugging info?

Btw, if I open a song that displays incorrectly on my phone on both devices, then set some other personal-transpose-value on the phone it is reflected on the tablet. If I then edit the value on the tablet it is also reflected on the phone after resync. From there on both devices display the song correctly.

Update:
Reset of all local data for the account from within bandhelper on the phone seems to have fixed the problem. Still wonder what caused it though.

arlo

Do you think the settings that were added that didn't sync were added within the last 90 days? If so, we could look at the sync history and try to figure out what happened. Otherwise, resetting the local data was going to be my first suggestion.

pheldal

This happened as the group was starting to browse through content from last xmas in preparation of this years concerts so none of the songs or setlists had been touched for about 8 months. My tablet battery died so I grabbed my phone and panicked when this essential information was messed up  ;D