Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

MOXF won't switch between User Performances

Started by realmacsummrs, August 22, 2022, 02:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realmacsummrs

My MOXF responds to Program Changes - but not Bank Select changes.  (and the Bank Select switch is set to ON in the MOXF)

Yamaha MOXF has two User Performance Banks (1 & 2) that store Programs (Performances in Yamaha-speak.) 128 in each bank. The Yamaha Manuals (page 120 of the Data List) give these MIDI configs: MSB=63, LSB =64 to select Programs (1-128) in User Performance Bank 1 and MSB=63 LSB=65 to select Programs in User Performance Bank 2.

The MOXF responds to the Program change (1-128) but not the Bank Select change (64 or 65) sent from BandHelper and using the settings from the MIDI LEARN function didn't seem to solve anything.

The workaround is to just press the INC/DEC button on the MOXF to move back and forth between the User Performance Banks...but there has to be a "MIDI solution" to this, right?

Attached are screenshots for two songs: 1999 (B14 from Performance 2) and Addicted to Love (C1 from Performance 1)

What am I overlooking?

Anyone else who is using a MOXF...what do your presets look like?

TIA!

arlo

You could try increasing or decreasing the bank numbers by one to see if the Yamaha is numbering them differently than expected (0-127 vs 1-128). I think some manufacturers even number programs one way and banks the other way, so it can be confusing until you figure out what they're doing.

SchuhFits

Here are some screenshots from one of our MIDI patch setups - hope this helps. 1. is the MIDI setting in the song. 2. Is the master patch, which calls patches shown in 3 and 4.

realmacsummrs

Thank you both!

Arlo - you were right, it was an MSB/LSB numbering issue and I could tell from your screenshots, SchuhFits, that the correct MSB number is 64 (not 63 like the manual says) and the User Performance Bank LSB codes are 65 (for User1) and 66 (for User2)

Works like a charm!

Thanks!