Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Suggestion: Add Play audio button next to uploaded files while in Song Edit Mode

Started by Simbosan, September 09, 2022, 06:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simbosan

I'm often editing the chords/layout for a song and have to go and find the web link or the downloaded MP3 on my PC to be able to listen as I'm editing.

If there was a little > play icon next to the - delete icon it would really smooth the work flow, could be in the hamburger menu instead. 

I get a ton of use out of this app, I don't know what I would do without it (but I'm sure it would involve lots of paper) great stuff!

arlo

You should see a recording play button to the right of each recording name listed on the song edit page, but no recording controls appear on that page. You can also view the song from a set list or smart list using the More Controls layout, start the recording playing, then click the song edit button in the top toolbar to edit the lyrics while the recording plays.

Simbosan

"You should see a recording play button to the right of each recording name listed on the song edit page"

I'm talking browser UI in case that wasn't clear.  Sorry, should have specified.  No such button via the browser on the song edit page.  I'm using Firefox latest.

arlo

When using the website, you can open the song edit page in a different window or tab from the song list, and play recordings from the song list while editing lyrics on the song edit page.