Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Remote Control Actions - Which Ones?

Started by AugustWest, September 13, 2022, 05:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustWest

I've been loving Set List Maker on gigs - but I seem to do a lot of touching and swiping after every song. Remote Control to the rescue.... I purchased a 4-button remote that seems to be working properly.

What I am trying to achieve is two different high-level functions:
1) Navigate a song list (Smart List, or a show's set list) by going up or down in the list and then viewing the lyrics for the selected song
2) When viewing song lyrics, be able to scroll down to the next page of lyrics (scrolling back up is cool, but not something I do very often unless time is moving backwards)

I have the up/down of #1 done, and #2 is working.

What I can't seem to do is get from the lyrics back to the list of songs - or get from the list of songs "into" the selected song.

I tried the Show/Hide Song List action, but that did not seem to work (nothing happened when I pressed that button in either screen). Is there a better action I should be using?

Is it possible to do what I am trying to do in Set List Maker? I would certainly take the plunge to BH if need be.

arlo

AugustWest

arlo

In the Full-Screen Lyrics layout, the document viewer is displayed on top of everything else. So to return to the song list, you can use the Hide Document Viewer remote control action.

AugustWest

Quote from: arlo on September 14, 2022, 09:29:20 AM
In the Full-Screen Lyrics layout, the document viewer is displayed on top of everything else. So to return to the song list, you can use the Hide Document Viewer remote control action.

Aha! Thank you! That definitely gets me partway there.

If I am viewing my chords/lyrics, I can now get back to the song list.

But if I move up or down through the song list and then show the document viewer, it still shows whatever song I was viewing before (not the song that is currently highlighted in the list).

Is there a way to "select" a song from the list using the remote, like when you touch the little document icon to open the lyrics?

arlo

It sounds like you're using the Scroll Set List Up/Down remote control actions and you want to use the Previous/Next Song actions instead. That will select the songs as you step through them.

Then you might want to edit the layout details and clear the Show Document Viewer setting, which by default is triggered whenever you select a song. You can trigger that manually instead using the Show/Hide Document Viewer remote control action.

AugustWest

Here's how I have my keys/actions defined:

ActionKeyDescription
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next Page or MarkerDown ArrowUsed to scroll down when in lyrics view
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous SongLeft ArrowIn lyrics view: load lyrics for prev song
In song list view: move highlight to prev song
Next SongRight ArrowIn lyrics view: load lyrics for next song
In song list view: move highlight to next song
Show/Hide Doc ViewerUp ArrowUsed to toggle visibility of lyrics

The Left/Right arrows work, I just can't seem to "open" a song from the song list, other than by touching the little paper icon with my finger..

Quote from: arlo on September 14, 2022, 10:21:35 AM
Then you might want to edit the layout details and clear the Show Document Viewer setting, which by default is triggered whenever you select a song. You can trigger that manually instead using the Show/Hide Document Viewer remote control action.
Interestingly, when I edit that view,  I can see that the Show Document Viewer action is defined with "Song Selection", but when when I select a song (using the remote, or with my finger) it highlights but the lyrics do not open. I have to touch on the little paper icon in order to open the song.

arlo

AugustWest