Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Support for iOS multiple window instances

Started by gearstudios, September 11, 2022, 10:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearstudios

I have been in situations on stage that switching between a master list and the current set list by swiping either right or left with four fingers on my iPad to another instance of Bandhelper running would be beneficial. I've tried switching between lists inside Bandhelper when I want to find a song quickly while playing another song and its hard to hit the icon at the top of the screen to select another list in the heat of battle on stage.

Is this a feature that could possible be implemented to support the multiple window function with iPad iOS?

arlo

Adding multi-window support would surely create other problems, but two solutions already exist for your situation:

1) Turn on Title Shortcuts for the Active Songs smart list, then click the current set list's title in the top toolbar to view the title shortcuts and select Active Songs to switch to it (that's what you're doing now).

2) Click the Quick Add button in the top toolbar, optionally type in some search text, and click the desired song in the list to temporarily (or permanently, depending on Settings > General Settings > Save Quick Added Songs) add the song to your current set list.

Unfortunately there's no way to make these associated screen elements larger or to control them from a gesture or foot switch.