Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Remote Presets Keep Changing and Changing and Changing

Started by Hectic, September 20, 2022, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

I don't know why it took me so long to get around to checking out SLM, but it's great!

I'm getting things worked out to run it off of an Android tablet. I started running virtual droid on a PC, and finally realized that I can't get it to send midi messages to my Helix and GR-55, so I have a new android tablet arriving in a couple of days.

In the meantime, I'm working through the learning process of setting up midi presets on my phone (Samsung Note9) so that I can change programs on my foot pedals when I switch songs. I'm connecting to my Helix with an M-Audio usb Uno interface.

I got the read-midi to work, and SLM registers the right bank and program, but when I open a set and pick the first song, the programs keep changing and bouncing back and forth between multiple programs in the bank and the last program even if it was in a different bank.

I'm assuming that I missed something simple in my set up, but I haven't been able to sort it out yet.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

arlo

"The programs keep changing and bouncing back and forth between multiple programs in the bank and the last program even if it was in a different bank" -- can you explain this in more detail, describing specifically what you are looking at?

Hectic

I think I figured it out.
Under Remote Control, I had midi button style set to latch, I switched it to moment, and it looks like it's cleared up.

It looked like a light show at my feet.....it would change to the correct patch, then a second later to the previous patch, then another, then the first, and one and on till I turned off the midi running button. The midi log was scrolling like mad with all of the commands it was sending.

I figured that it was some simple "operator error" on my part.

Thanks for the quick reply, and for putting together a very cool tool.

arlo

I would have guessed you had configured an infinite loop in your setup, but I'm glad it's working now.