Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Preventing Document View on Song Selection

Started by AlanC, September 22, 2022, 10:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanC

I'm trying to set up a song list only layout on my iPhone.  When I click on a song it displays the chords/lyrics view.  I only want the song list view.

I'm using the "Big Set List" view on my iPad which works like I want it to.  I copied that layout to my phone, but it displays chords/lyrics on every song selection which is not what I want.

I tried the Full Screen Lyrics view as suggested in this post, but it still displays the chords/lyrics view when I select a song.

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,2730.msg11836.html#msg11836

Thanks for your help!

Alan

arlo

You can click the Edit Layout button in the top toolbar, select Edit Details, scroll down to Actions and clear the setting for Show Document Viewer.

AlanC

I didn't think I had that set, but when I went back in to look it was there.  Clearing it solved the problem.

Thanks Arlo!

arlo

AlanC

So I guess I spoke too soon.  It's back to opening the document view when I select a song, but there is no setting configured for Show Document Viewer in the layout.

See screen shot attached.

arlo

Please export your layout and attach it here, or if you don't know how to do that, submit a help ticket here:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

AlanC

arlo

When you select a song, are you clicking the song title, or the document button? You should click the song title if you don't want the lyrics to open. The only reason they would open in the layout you attached here is if you click the document button.

To leave more room for the song titles, you can edit the song list in this layout and turn off Notes Button, Document Button or Recording Button if you will never need those.

AlanC

It jumps straight into the document view when I open the Set List using that layout.

Then I double click to get out of the document view.

When I click the song title it takes me back into the document view. 

There doesn't seem to be any way to select a song without causing it to display the document view.  I've tried tapping in various locations on the song title.  I am definitely not tapping the document button, although the behavior is the same when I do tap the document button.  There seems to be plenty of room where the song title is to avoid tapping the document button.

Thanks!

Alan

arlo

Okay, it looks like this is an old layout that didn't get updated when some app functionality changed about a year ago. To fix that manually, you can click the Edit Layout button, select Edit Document Viewer, click its options button, select Expand to Full Screen and make sure Show Initially is off. Then click Edit Layout and select Save.

Alternatlvely, you can delete this layout, then click Help > Utilities > Load Default Layouts to recreate it, then edit its details to clear the Show Document Viewer action again.

AlanC

arlo