Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Adjust AutoScroll lead in?

Started by AcoustiCafe, October 02, 2022, 09:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcoustiCafe

Hi folks,
I've started using autoscroll and am not loving the 15 to 30 second lead in defaults. How can I reduced/eliminate this? How it is calculated? On a song like End of the World As We Know It, it gives me a 27 second lead in, and I only have a few lines before the first line of the verse:

-------------------------------------
It's the End of the World as We Know It - R.E.M.

(**Drum intro**)
Verse 1

------------------------------------

This is pretty typical for all of our songs, so I don't know why it varies so much.

Thanks,
Jeff

arlo

The automatic calculation is based on the duration of the song and the length of the lyrics.

This page describes how to enter auto-scroll values manually:

https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/autoscrolling.html

AcoustiCafe

Hi Arlo,
So I'm fine with the *speed* that's auto-calculated, it's just the lead in. Is there a way to leave the autoscroll on, but disable the lead in, or set it to a default value?

Thanks,
Jeff

arlo

Yes, instructions are on the link I posted.

BTW the purpose of the pre-roll is to let you play an intro and sing the first part of the song before it moves off the top of the page. If the lyrics started moving as soon as you started playing the song that would typically be a problem.

AcoustiCafe

Quote from: arlo on October 02, 2022, 09:16:57 PM
BTW the purpose of the pre-roll is to let you play an intro and sing the first part of the song before it moves off the top of the page. If the lyrics started moving as soon as you started playing the song that would typically be a problem.

Yeah, I get that, just on some of the faster songs that the lyrics start right away (like REM's "End of the World..."), even with that short 12 second preroll, I'm riding the bottom of the page. I can do a page down to speed it up worst case. My BlueBoard has Page Up, Page Down, Next Song and (now) Tempo+AutoScroll toggles.

Thanks,
Jeff

arlo

Okay, you can reduce the pre-roll to as little as 0 using the manual calculation setting referenced in the instructions.