Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

BandHelper change preset on TC Helicon VL3X`

Started by mdaniels5746, November 01, 2022, 04:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdaniels5746

Hi, I looked through the forum but did not see this. (probably missed it).
Essentially, looking to have BandHelper change to a specific preset on the VL3 when I select that song. I thought I could do it using the Midi Program Number fields in the song itself, but this does not seem to work. I can create a midi preset in bandhelper and assign it to the song, and when I click on it it does change the preset as expected.

I am looking for a more automated way of doing this by automatically selecting the preset when I choose the songs (about 230 songs or so). Hopefully, I do not need to create presets for each song. I am sure this is in there and I am just missing something simple.

Thanks

arlo

I thought I could do it using the Midi Program Number fields in the song itself, but this does not seem to work.

Those fields are used to select songs from incoming MIDI messages, not to send out MIDI messages.

I am looking for a more automated way of doing this by automatically selecting the preset when I choose the songs

You can use a layout action to automatically send your MIDI presets when you select a song. See this page for details: https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/changing_layouts.html#layout_actions

Hopefully, I do not need to create presets for each song.

If each song uses a different VoiceLive setting then you would. If some songs use the same VoiceLive setting, then those songs can use the same MIDI preset.

mdaniels5746

Arlo,

Thanks for the reply. I have it working thanks to your response. The layout option works perfectly to send the midi info and change to the correct preset.

Thanks again.

arlo

dochereford

So if the only thing you need to change is the key setting within a patch, you need to define a whole new patch?  I was hoping BH could send midi CC code (or custom message) to set the key on the vocal processor.   

arlo

BandHelper can send control change messages or custom ("raw MIDI") messages from its MIDI presets.