Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Server Upgrade

Started by arlo, February 19, 2024, 11:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

This page will provide updates on the server upgrade planned for this Sunday night at midnight US Eastern time / 5 am Monday GMT. During the move, which is expected to take a couple hours, the website and sync system will be read-only. You will be able to view your info on the website and view or edit info in the apps, but no data will be synced between devices until the move is finished.

arlo

The upgrade is complete and I pointed bandhelper.com to the new web server about a half hour ago. If you are still seeing the "closed for maintenance" message in your web browser or in the mobile app, that means the change hasn't reached your section of the Internet yet, but it is on its way. As soon as that message disappears, you can resume editing and syncing data normally.

If you see any problems, please submit a help ticket:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

arlo

Most traffic is now flowing to the new server, and I'm working on performance optimization. iCal feeds and event reminders are currently disabled while I work on reducing the performance impact from those. Calendars will resume updates and all pending reminders will be sent when I finish that in the next couple hours.

arlo

Those event functions are reenabled now and performance seems good.

arlo

Actually I have continued dealing with performance issues every day since my last update. It turns out the newer database version on the new server doesn't automatically cache repeated queries like on the old server. That's why the iCalendar feeds started causing a problem, and I have been looking at other frequent queries that still need optimization to return to their previous performance levels. Thanks for your patience as I chip away at this!