Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Wi-Fi vs Bluetooth connection

Started by Mully, December 07, 2022, 08:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mully

Arlo, Thanks for your help.  I have a sort of related question.  My groups set up is as follows (we all use BH).  Singer begins song (backing Track Starts). His iPad changes the settings on his foot pedal via automation for the song.  I am in the process of programming our lights via midi to dmx and sent wirelessly through a midi file tied to our backing tracks.  Currently this works great.  The challenge I am having is, I want everything to run off of one iPad.  However, it seems that if I connect his iPad and my iPad via bluetooth, I lose a wifi connection that goes from my iPad to a router which runs my mixing board.  Any hints on how to accomplish this?

arlo

I've never heard of a Bluetooth connection breaking a wi-fi connection. Does this happen consistently, or perhaps you're losing the wi-fi connection but it's not related to the use of Bluetooth. Can you set this up at home to test it further?

Mully

Arlo, it was my error....as usual.  It was not a software issue. Working as desired now.  Thanks