Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Chords Field doesn’t follow Lyrics Size Override

Started by Neill00, November 25, 2022, 09:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill00

I just noticed this as I am looking to set up chords in the chords field as opposed to having them over the top of all the lyrics.  Can this be implemented? It's odd having bigger text for the chords at the top of the screen compared to the text size of the lyrics and in some cases an unnecessary wrap that wouldn't occur if the text was the same size.

arlo

Neill00

Neill00

So this is weird, I thought I had figured out a workaround until you had a chance to think of what to do (if there was a point to doing it).  I thought if I set the lyrics to the standard size (reset text size) but pinch zoom and "save text size" for the chords, I could then go back to settings > appearance and set the override to 80%. I figured since the override wasn't affecting the chords, they would remain at the pinch zoom size and the lyrics would be at the 80% size.  But when I do that process the chords show up at 80% of the pinch zoom size.  On top of that it appears to affect songs that I didn't pinch zoom the chords on.  So if chords and lyrics are both at the standard size but at least one song has pinch zoomed chords all the chords in the setlist are affected by the override.

I will try resetting all chords and lyrics then just pinch zoom one set of chords just ever so slightly, maybe 99% just so I can "save text size", then try to override.  I'll let you know.

Neill00

OK that worked.  If I just pinch zoom the chords in the chord box even down to just 99.5% and save text size in one song, the whole setlist responds to the override size for both chords and lyrics.  So that%u2019s an easy fix.

You just have to have all the songs done, if you add a new song or add chords to a chord box in a song you need to redo the process.

arlo

The lyrics size override is supposed to apply to the chords. But if a custom size is set for the lyrics but not the chords or vice versa, then the lyrics size override won't be applied to field that has no size set. Having a size set for one field but not the other is not easy to do because when you save the text size, the current size will be saved for both fields, even if one is still using the default size. I think it would only happen if you're using personal text sizes for one field but not the other.

Anyway, in the next update the lyrics size override will be applied to the default size if no custom size is set for one of these fields.

Neill00

Thanks Arlo, that will be great.  For now, my workaround is working.  I just set every song to reset text size, then make a micro adjustment pinch zoom to the chord field on one song, save text size.  Then go into settings and adjust the override.  Works for now but I have to redo the process anytime a add a new song.  So the fix will be appreciated.

arlo