Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Lyric Position After Seek

Started by MikeyJ, November 15, 2021, 11:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeyJ

Hi Arlo! Long time no speak! Hope all is well.

Finally able to get back into SLM and I like what you've done with the place.  ;)

I have a layout for rehearsals that has recording controls so we can skip to different parts of a song to work on specific sections. We also use lyric line highlighting. I'm wondering if there's a way to keep the highlighting in sync when skipping to a new position in the song using the recording controls (specifically the slider). If it matters, we currently start a song with an automation button that also does the lyric highlighting.

Thanks,
Mike

arlo

LOL, thanks!

There's no way to do what you're looking for currently. However, scrolling or jumping around in an automation track is on my wish list and I can add a vote for that. Then if the recording and automation track could be synced that would do what you're looking for.

MikeyJ

That would be great! Going hand in hand with that I'd love to see a position slider only minus the transport buttons maybe?

Thanks again!

arlo

Can you describe that in more detail?

MikeyJ

Sure, Sorry.

To save screen real estate coupled with the fact that I don't use the extra controls, I usually shrink the Recording Controls button down to it's single line height version which only shows the slider but has the Play, Record, FF and Rwd buttons as well. As to not confuse the drummer (no offense drummers!) about which buttons they should use to manipulate playback it might be nice to have just a song position slider without any other attached controls.

Personally, I'd probably only use this feature in my rehearsal layout like we discussed above, when we're scrolling around and working on specific sections of a song.

arlo

I think the automation track would have to get its own slider since it is not necessarily used with a recording. But I'd have to flesh out exactly how it would work.

MikeyJ

Quote from: arlo on November 16, 2021, 10:12:11 AM
LOL, thanks!

There's no way to do what you're looking for currently. However, scrolling or jumping around in an automation track is on my wish list and I can add a vote for that. Then if the recording and automation track could be synced that would do what you're looking for.

Hi Arlo! Just checking in to see if this had been implemented yet when I wasn't looking. ;) I did a quick test and it didn't seem to work so I'm assuming not? Thx!

arlo

No, I will update this thread if anything changes.

arlo

In the new app version 2022-12-12 released today, you can add the new Automation Controls item to a layout. This includes a slider to move around in the automation track, plus the waveform of associated recordings or videos and the location of existing automation events for reference. This is shown in the last screen shot on this page:

http://www.setlistmaker.com/tutorials/automation_tracks.html