Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Something Has Changed

Started by fleahead, December 29, 2022, 08:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleahead

Our two-man "band" is setup for my iPad to send actions to my partner's iPad, and of course, he is setup to follow actions from my iPad. Last night, however, every time I started a song on my iPad, it brought up the song correctly on his iPad, but also he saw a warning message popup saying that he needed to purchase an Automation option to use Automation. We have never used Automation on his iPad, and have no use for Automation. We have been using SLM for 10 years now and have never seen this before. He has to click on "OK" in the message before we can continue. How can this be corrected?

I also notice that when I tap on any song on the list, the recording begins as normal, but if I need to halt the song and tap on the song again to stop it, it doesn't stop the recording but immediately starts playing it all over again. This just started last night, also. There are occasions when I have to halt a song... either I screwed up the kickoff, we were in the wrong key, a fight breaks out on the dance floor.... you name it. This is not good for live performances.
Jim in Ohio

arlo

It sounds like you turned on some layout actions that you don't want. You can click the Edit Layout button in the top toolbar, scroll down to Actions and change or clear those settings. If that doesn't help, please submit a help ticket so you can share your app settings.

fleahead

I did find in my Layout Actions a setting for STOP RECORDING. I changed that to SONG SECOND SELECTION and that made it work like it used to, but I had never changed any settings there before. I didn't even know these settings exist.

Regarding the Automation problem on my partners iPad, I see my iPad has START/STOP AUTOMATION set for SONG SELECTION, which would be correct for me since I do Automation on some songs. However, this would not be valid on my partner's iPad. I'll check the next time I see him.

Does the Database Import/Export now copy Layouts?
Jim in Ohio

arlo

The database import function only imports layouts if you are importing into a database that doesn't have any layouts.