Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Automation undo

Started by Kiff, September 22, 2021, 04:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiff

Hi Arlo,

It would really be handy to have "last recording undo" in the automation tab.
The number of times I have had to start from scratch because of hitting the wrong preset is so depressing.
Also being able to change the title and address of an existing preset in edit would also improve work flow immensely.
And just another reminder of colour coding presets, this would complete a very effective and efficient section of Setlist Maker.
Thanks for your ongoing support
Kiff
PS one other thing ..
When in Automation Edit ...the ability to start the song from any preset location, rather than having to play the entire song to
record a drop in edit.

arlo

QuoteThe number of times I have had to start from scratch because of hitting the wrong preset is so depressing.

You don't have to start from scratch, you can just edit the automation track, click the event with the wrong preset, and select a different preset.

Quotebeing able to change the title and address of an existing preset in edit would also improve work flow immensely

What do you mean by "in edit"?

Quotethe ability to start the song from any preset location

That's on my wish list.

Kiff

Re "in edit"

When editing, and all presets attached to the layout, which is my preference, there is no option to copy a single preset,
so a new preset has to be recorded. Then the time details can be changed to introduce the new preset where the mistake was made.
If I was able to just change all the details of the existing preset the extra record process would not be required,
sort of "save as".

arlo

When editing what? Please describe specifically where you are in the app and what you're trying to do there.

Kiff

Sorry, trying to be clear.
The automation drop down showing "play, record, edit, copy, paste, clear"
Pressing "edit" shows dropdown "automation events"

arlo

Okay, and you want the ability to create new MIDI presets from the automation track editing function? Can you say more about the situation you're thinking about?

Kiff

Not create, change details to a different existing preset,
Say you had recorded a lighting preset named "green" which is in the right position but wrong colour.
Rename to "red" which you know exists in the available layout presets.
I do realise there is a dropdown for layout presets selection, but it is empty, unlike when presets are attached to the song,
and all my presets are attached to the layout.

arlo

Okay, I can update the MIDI preset selection popup when editing an automation track to include the layout presets as well as the song presets.

Kiff

That would be great
Thank you

arlo

In today's releases, the list of MIDI presets available to select in an automation track includes the layout MIDI presets.

arlo

In the new app version 2022-12-12 released today, you can add the new Automation Controls item to a layout. This includes a slider to move around in the automation track, plus the waveform of associated recordings or videos and the location of existing automation events for reference. This is shown in the last screen shot on this page:

http://www.setlistmaker.com/tutorials/automation_tracks.html

Kiff