Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Documents - priority in Layouts on personal devices for different band members

Started by bherman, January 19, 2023, 09:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bherman

For many of our songs, we have both a pdf chord chart (that I only use) and lyrics (that are used by three other band members but not by me). I created a custom layout that I alone use for our setlists, but would like to have the chord chart appear first in order, not the lyrics. The other players want the lyrics but not the chord charts (they use the Lyrics Only layout or Full Screen lyrics layout). When I go in to edit the document view order on my iPad to put the chord chart ahead of the lyrics, it changes the document order for all the other users. So if I bump the chord chart to the top of the documents list on my iPad, it changes it for everyone. Is there a way to have the document view order be different for different layouts?

EDIT: I found an earlier topic regarding different lyrics for rehearsals and performing, and tried the suggestion there. I changed the document number on my iPad to #2. That seems to solve the problem for me. Is that change going to impact only my device (iPad) and will the other users still have #1 document as their default?

arlo

The document number setting will only affect your device.

The other approach is to place the document before the lyrics on the song edit page but assign the document only to yourself.

See "HOW CAN I SET UP MY ACCOUNT SO EACH BAND MEMBER SEES HIS OR HER OWN DOCUMENT FOR EACH SONG" in the FAQ for more details:

https://www.bandhelper.com/support/FAQ.html

bherman