Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recordings appearing in Songs list

Started by davelson, January 12, 2023, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davelson

Hi all

I have noticed that when I want to add songs to a set list in BH that many of the Songs in the list are actually Recordings.

From Repertoire/Songs I find that Recordings are listed as well as actual Songs. I've never noticed this before, but now that I'm using more Recordings as backing tracks my Song list has increased exponentially. This is quite confusing when I want to add songs to a set. Recordings are already listed in Repertoire/Recordings.

Is there a way to only show Songs in the Song list?

Cheers, Dave

arlo

Can you add some screen shots showing the problem?

davelson

Hi Arlo thanks for the reply..

Attached 2 screenshots... the white coloured "songs" are actually recordings.... It appears every recording has been added as a "song". In the song info there is nothing but the name of the recording and a link under "Recordings"

Hope this clarifies

Dave

arlo

It looks like you batch-imported your T(number) recordings and selected the Add New Songs option. So those are indeed songs with the recordings attached to them. You can batch-delete them from the Repertoire > Songs page of the website if that's not what you wanted. You can explain what you've done so far and what you're trying to do with those recordings if you need more help.

davelson

Thanks for your time with this Arlo, we all appreciate your support..

The T recordings are a basic kick drum recording with T for tempo. I did import them all at the same time using iTunes and then added them individually as Recordings - didnt see an option to Add New Songs... I've obviously done something amiss as only half of the 150+ recordings got converted to songs.... Didn't use the web app.... Anyway, I'll be more careful in future....

Many thanks

D

arlo

Okay, importing an iTunes playlist would have the same effect -- creating a song for each recording. You can delete those songs, which will also delete the recordings if they aren't attached to anything else, then batch-import the recordings you still need on the Repertoire > Recordings page of the website with Add New Songs unselected. Then you can attach the recordings to the appropriate songs from the song edit pages.

davelson

So I tried to batch import the recordings on the website. Used a zip file and unchecked the Add New Songs box... Got a message that "The following files had no matching name and were not imported: followed by a list of all the songs in the zip file...

I can add each recording individually by clicking the Add a Recording button, but this will take quite a while...

Is there something I'm missing?

D

arlo

Sorry, I forgot that you can't batch-import recordings without either creating new songs or attaching them to existing songs. That restriction is outdated because there is no longer a one-to-one relationship between recordings and songs like there used to be. I just removed that. Can you try again now?

davelson

:)

Thanks Arlo, all working well now

Appreciate the help

Dave