Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Add hdmi option

Started by Snuf, January 29, 2023, 08:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snuf

Hello,

Can you add a hdmi option to show that we use video?
Maybe also:

Beamer
Screen
Static tekst insert
Change label of photo musician (name, bass player)

Maybe a default output label which can be renamed to hdmi or something else for other devices

arlo

How does that work when you perform -- does the venue run a cable to your output, or is there some kind of box that you plug your cable into?

Snuf

Sometimes it is a large hdmi cable to the venue. For smaller gigs we use our own screen with shortthrow beamer to project video.
We also use a monitor mixer with a snake splitter box to connect front of house.

This is how i solved it for now, see attached photo
I know i can also use the notes option for several items.

arlo

Do you mean you bring the cable? What do you plug it into?

Regarding the labels for the musicians, is there a reason you aren't placing their inputs on the stage plot? That would indicate what instrument each person plays. Do you set up all the cabling from each performer to your mixer yourself and  the only thing the venue provides is a snake near your mixer?

Snuf

We use a splitter like in the photo, 1 side goes to the monitormixer x32, the other to FOH.

arlo

You're only halfway answering my questions, so it's hard to tell how the software could address your needs. I'll try again:

Do you bring the HDMI cable? What do you plug it into?

Regarding the labels for the musicians, is there a reason you aren't placing their inputs on the stage plot?

Do you set up all the cabling from each performer to your mixer yourself and the only thing the venue provides is a snake near your mixer?

Snuf

For small gigs we use our own hdmi cable and beamer to project video.

For bigger gigs a hdmi cable is often provided

Did now add the inputs with the musicians.

We setup all cables ourselves and for bigger gigs we use the xlr 16ch cable to the venue provided snake.

arlo

Okay, I'll add the HDMI input to my to do list.

If you're doing all the on-stage cabling yourself, the sound person doesn't really need the inputs on the stage plot to see how to set things up. But if you add the inputs to the plot, the sound person can see how the inputs match up to the members of the band and you wouldn't need to include the band member names in the input labels.

You almost don't need a stage plot since you're providing most of the equipment and doing most of the setup yourself. But I think I would recommend adding a note that says something like "We'll set up all the inputs on stage and simply need a 16-channel snake placed near our mixer to feed our inputs to the FOH." I could possibly add an icon for the snake, but this could be confusing for other bands because normally it's up to the venue to get the inputs to the performers and the band doesn't need to specify how that is done. So I feel like just a note clarifying the division of labor would be best.

arlo

The new version released today includes a HDMI Input item in the Inputs menu.

BTW, you were using three isolation panels to indicate the screen for the projector, which then creates three items in the Other Items list. I would suggest just using one item for that so it only appears as one item in the list, and use the Notes section for any additional details. Or don't depict the screen on the stage plot at all and just put it in the notes, because if a venue has a screen it's probably already installed regardless of where you show it on the plot.