Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Next Song Selection After Song Completion

Started by corecrash, February 23, 2023, 06:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corecrash

I found a topic with this already, but it didn't address my question, and when I tried to reply, it said I should start a new topic as the other was over 120 days old. I hope it's ok that I'm posting here.

I have setup my layout to Next Song to Song Completion, and I have song durations setup for each song. I don't have any pauses, automation tracks, or recordings. I thought it would default to duration since all of the previous are not used. However, when the duration time has past, the song doesn't move to the next song.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Mark

corecrash

UPDATE:

I can get it to work sometimes, but not every time. What's strange is: I have my iPad set to send actions over to my iPhone, and it changes the song on the iPhone, but it doesn't change on the iPad. There must be a setting that I have set incorrectly.

arlo

Are you viewing full-screen documents, or just viewing your layout directly? The only explanation I can think of is that the song is changing but the full-screen document viewer is showing and isn't updating with the song change.

corecrash

I'm not sure what I did, but so far, I think I have it working. I've setup the first 4 songs and keep pressing song 1 and let it go through the first 4 songs, and now it's working every time. As a matter of fact, if song 5 doesn't trigger multitracker to play a track, after the duration time is up, it still switches. So I think I'm good now.

Now I have to worry about if the band gets out of sync with the track, and the drummer stops the song, it will automatically switch when the duration is over. So now I need to figure out how to address that potential issue.

arlo

If you select a song then restart it again some time later, you could reselect the song at that point to restart the duration timer. Does that help?