Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Same setlist (560)

Started by Kiff, April 04, 2023, 05:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiff

Hi Arlo,
My master ipad sends song changes to my second ipad.
The list of songs is essentially the same on both devices, but with differing content, lyrics for me, charts for the second.
I am suddenly receiving the following message on some songs without the action being followed.

The song selected on the lead device was not found in you setlist.
Please view the same set list that the lead device is viewing. (560)

The setlists are the same by number, being 210, how can I have the second device operate on song number only?
Cheers
Kiff

arlo

Are you manually managing separate databases on both devices, or sharing the same database across both devices?

Kiff

Manually, anything added is new to both lists

arlo

Live Sharing is designed to be used when both devices have the same database. Your setup worked by luck before because the song selection was only transmitted as an index, but now it also includes the song ID. This allows the app to still select the right song if two devices have the same database but one is out of date. But if the devices have completely different databases, all the song IDs will be different and this will no longer work. The solution is to share your database across both devices. This will also be less work for you. You can still show lyrics on one device and charts on the other by setting up both on the source device and changing Settings > General Settings > Defaults > Document on the other device.

Kiff

Thanks Arlo,
The issue then becomes problematic when it is not just documents and both ipads are using the written Lyrics section with different content.
Maybe if I can export the written lyrics from one to a pdf that might work. This is becoming a very big job for a few hundred files.

arlo

Set List Maker doesn't have a way to show different lyrics to different users because it doesn't have a concept of users. If you don't really have two versions of the lyrics for each song, but actually have lyrics plus something else like notes or chords, you could use another field designed for that content.

Or if you switch to BandHelper, accounts can contain multiple users. The users can enable a Personal Lyrics field, and then they will see their personal lyrics instead of the shared lyrics.

Kiff

Ok I have got my head around it, will see how I go
Cheers
Kiff