Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Live Sharing - Always accept?

Started by magicaltrevor70, March 02, 2023, 10:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicaltrevor70

Is it possible to have two devices trust each other so that the default state is that they are always live sharing?

I have two tablets running BH...one I give to my guitarist so he knows which capo to use, the other is mine on drums. When I change the song, the follow actions are sent and he knows what capo to use on the next song. It all works perfectly, but it feels like I have to do a lot of button pressing to get started. (3 button presses on the guitarist tablet, then accept on mine, then back to guitarists to hit done).

It would be nice if these two could be set up so that they are always connected when they are both connected to the same network, but I don't think that's possible right now.

arlo

You know, this functionality started in the Set List Maker era when there were no accounts or users, but with BandHelper it could automatically accept connections from the same account or project. I'll think about that a little more to see if there's some reason that would be a bad idea.

davelson

Please add my vote for this option... Would save a lot of setup time for my duo...

Frets4Vets

ditto my vote for it being a good idea. any trusted entity from project

arlo

The new app version released today includes Settings > Live Sharing > Auto-Accept Connections to automatically accept connections from users viewing the same project. You will see a brief notification when users connect or disconnect. This new setting is on by default, but you can turn it off if you prefer to manually accept connections as before.

davelson

Bill Malchow

This is a great improvement. Thanks for the suggestion and implementation.

magicaltrevor70

Tested and works great, thanks Arlo!