Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Venue Name Field in Schedule JSON

Started by Chris Tucker, March 14, 2023, 11:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Tucker

In the schedule JSON that exports, the venue's/contact's address is exported, but the venue/contact name is not. Can you include that in the dataset as well?
Chris Tucker
Blue Line

arlo

The event name typically matches or contains the venue name, so you can just display the event name (which is the "name" field in the JSON feed). Do you have some examples of that not being suitable for you?

Chris Tucker

For some reason, our event names are often different from the simple title of the venue. As you can see on this calendar, it's only displaying addresses. Of particular note is the 7000 Maze address. This is actually a well known venue in the area, but the address was less recognizable. The event name is different from the name of the venue. If possible, I'd like to display both. In this case, I don't have the venue name on that line displayed at all because the event name is of greater note. Possibly have that additional field called "contact" so that it doesn't conflict with "name"?
Chris Tucker
Blue Line

arlo

I would enter something like "St. Patrick's Day at O'Leary's" as the event name if I wanted to highlight a specific kind of event and also show the venue. But I went ahead and added a "venue" field to the JSON feed that is the name of the first contact attached the event (the same contact that the address comes from).

Now you'll probably want to handle situations where the event name and the venue name are the same -- maybe add logic to skip one, or replace the event name with a generic name like "Live Show," in those cases.

BTW, you could add a public custom field called "Public Name" and populate that with whatever you want to show in the feed per event, then display that instead of the "name" or "venue" fields. That would allow more streamlined names inside your account, in band member notifications, etc. Otherwise, it wouldn't have any benefit over just stuffing more info into the event name.

Chris Tucker

Thanks for the quick enhancement. Works just like I need it to now!
Chris Tucker
Blue Line