Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

How to make lyrics fit tablet screen?

Started by Borske, March 17, 2023, 05:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borske

I am using Microsoft word to type out my lyrics and then save as a pdf. My trouble is I would like to make my pdfs so that each page in the PDF is exactly my screen size. This is so when I use my bluetooth foot pedal it will scroll exactly 1 page at a time and not cut off any lyrics on the screen (hope that makes sense).
I find when I scroll I usually have a line or 2 hidden so I need to scroll another page to finish the verse or chorus.
I tried altering my page sizes in word by measuring my screen size and then make my pages a little smaller but that did not fix my issue. I was hoping someone may have a tip / trick they use to make their pages fit their tablets nicely.
Thank You!

arlo

I don't recommend matching your document pages to your screen size for two reasons: 1) the app's pagination functions only work with standard Letter or A4 page sizes, and 2) if you get a new device, you'll have to redo all your documents.

Instead, while viewing a document in BandHelper, you can click the document tools button (wrench icon) and select Fit to Height. Then the document viewer will resize to fit one complete page at a time, and the next/previous page functions will scroll one complete page at a time.

Borske

Thanks for the reply.
I do use the fit to height but I find it doesn't quite work out well on my tablet but I think it may be due to the margins I use in word document. I will try a few alterations.

arlo

The margins won't matter as long as the document uses a standard page size and you have that same size selected at Settings > General Settings > Document Size.