Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Is the Document viewer (in full screen) broken (iPadOS) after the recent update?

Started by Jeff, October 09, 2023, 02:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I use all documents for lyrics (PDFs) and I have many that are multi-page. I also have mine set to "Expand to Full Screen" with no other buttons or anything. I appreciate that the new update allows you to see a bit of the upcoming and previous page (although I'd prefer to disable that if possible), but as I click forward on pages, the page moves up a little bit more each time (thus cutting off the tops of pages as I progress) - making page turning no longer a useful feature anymore. Is this something I can fix on my end? A checkbox or something?

Note: I use the apps on iPadOS, MacOS, and AndroidOS. This issue is only happening to me on iPadOS (I don't see any change on Android or MacOS - including the look-ahead, thus why I'm wondering if it's just a setting/checkbox I'm missing in iPadOS and maybe not a bug).

Thanks!

Jeff

arlo

You can open the document toolbar and click the Fit To Height button to return to the previous behavior. Previously that was forced on when viewing a portrait document on a portrait screen or a landscape document on a landscape screen. Now it is optional.

If you can't find the Fit To Height button, you can long-press any of the buttons in the document toolbar to see what they do. I haven't had a chance to add these icons to the documentation yet.

Jeff

That did it! I did see that mentioned in the changelog, but didn't know what you meant by it (I couldn't find the "fit to height" button).

Thanks!

(note: I've attached a screenshot in case it can help others who might be slow like myself :). This is done when viewing the document normally, not while editing the layout like I assumed)

arlo

arlo