Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Fase-out Full screen document

Started by joosties, March 18, 2023, 07:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joosties

Hi Arlo. I don't know the reason to not support full-screen mode in the near future, but if it's not absolutely necessary, I have an urgent request not to do so. I use this feature in my setup, and have my setup build around it. It would be a shame if I lost this feature, while there is no substitute for it. I know about the designer option, but no way it's gonna replace the feature like it is now. Please consider keeping the full-screen option.  :)
BH became the nr 1 tool in my setup. Change is not always a good thing ;)
Best regards,
Joost

arlo

Viewing full-screen documents or lyrics is not going away. Switching between split-screen and full-screen within the same layout is. Please see this video for more info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUj0F00NAFQ

joosties

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've seen the video before because of your announcement, and came to the conclusion that it just doesn't fill my needs. I use both a song list and a smaller lyrics field in one screen to keep track of the arrangement and chords. When it is necessary to actually read the lyrics I switch over to full screen. In your video it seems impossible to use two sizes lyrics fields, and that is exactly what I have now. You created a wonderful feature, and now it get's canceled. I'm sad to see it go :'(

regards
Joost

arlo

You could put your arrangement and chord hints into either the Notes field, the Personal Notes field or a custom field and show that initially, then show your lyrics in full-screen on top of that.

joosties

That's probably a good one. Thanx I will try to figure this out.

regards,
Joost

arlo

Here's how you can convert your existing layout to do this:

1) Click the Edit Layout button in the top toolbar and select Edit Document Viewer.
2) Click the document viewer's Options button.
3) Click Expand to Full Screen, turn on Cover Top Toolbar and turn off Show Initially.
4) Click the Edit Layout button in the top toolbar and select Edit Buttons and Fields.
5) Click the empty area of your layout (where the small document viewer was) and add a different field there: Notes Viewer, or a multi-line custom field. Then resize and drag it into position.
6) Click the Edit Layout button in the top toolbar and select Save.

Then you will just need a way to switch between your notes and your lyrics. One way is to click Edit Layout, select Edit Details and set Show/Hide Document Viewer to Two-Fingered Tap.

Moxamstudios

I've built my sets so that I just hit the automation button and everything flows. An attached document (or the lyrics) opens to full-screen, the default recording starts playing, and scrolling happens. It goes until it reaches the end of the track, and it exits full-screen.

So, I've looked in the automation options for open full-screen lyrics, or to change the layout, or some such thing, but can't find anything. Without "open full-screen document", how can I achieve the same results using automation?

arlo

You would use the Show Document Viewer app control action. The document viewer will then show at whatever size you set it to in your layout. That could be any size, including full-screen.

Moxamstudios

Quote from: arlo on October 04, 2023, 08:47:07 PM
You would use the Show Document Viewer app control action. The document viewer will then show at whatever size you set it to in your layout. That could be any size, including full-screen.

Thank you. I've got that working for me now.