Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Preventing BeatBuddy from skipping directly to the next preset after pageturning

Started by Lange, March 26, 2023, 03:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lange

Hello SLM enthusiasts!

I'm looking for tips from users controlling the BeatBuddy via Midi using Set List Maker.
I load my lyrics as a PDF file in SLM. How can I prevent during a gig from accidentally browsing the last page of a song text in SLM, so that I end up in the next song and the BeatBuddy jumps to another preset.

For example, is adding a blank page to each song the solution for this or do you have other suggestions? Thanks in advance for thinking along.

arlo

What specific problem are you seeing? Scrolling a document will not change songs or send MIDI. Or maybe you're using the Next Page or Song remote control action to change pages and then change songs after the last page? If so, you can use the Next Page remote control action instead.

Lange

Thank you Arlo for thinking along.

I use the Pageflip Firefly to flip the pages.
It indeed happens when I want to turn a page in a song. When I unintentionally press the pageturner to much and the song changes after the last page, the associated BeatBuddy drums change via Midi to the next drumsong and the current drum rhythm stops. During a gig this is of course not nice.

So I thought maybe I have to enlarge every song in SLM with 1 or two blank pages to prefent unintentionally go to a next song and thus BeatBuddy-song. But maybe someone recognizes the same problem and has a solution for it. :D

arlo

It sounds like you mapped your foot switch to the Next Page or Song remote control action, and you can solve your problem by mapping it to the Next Page remote control action instead.

Lange

I've changed the settings in SLM as you mentioned, and it works! The only disadvantage of this setting is that you have to tap on the screen of the iPad when you want to go to the next song.

I assume that there is no solution that can be done completely via the pageturner (so you don't have to use your hands when operating the iPad)? Otherwise I might consider adding 1 or 2 blank pages at the end of each lyric (although this is a lot of work with an extensive repertoire of songs).

arlo

You can map the other foot switch button to the Next Song action. Then press one button to change pages and the other button to change songs.

Lange