Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Adding documents to BH using ipad

Started by treceveu, April 17, 2023, 06:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treceveu

My long-time practice for adding documents to a song:
1. edit a word doc on my computer and save as a PDF
2. e-mail myself the PDF
3. on my ipad, open the email and share the PDF with BH
4. in BH on the ipad, go to the song edit screen and "+" to add new doc.
5. in the New Document pop-up, select File, and in locations select On My Ipad, then select BandHelper
6. do a search for the new PDF doc, click on the document, and save it.  It would then show up as a document attached to the song (though typically it would ask me to 'replace existing file' even if there were no documents attached to the song - I'd just click OK and all would be fine)

Something has changed (perhaps due to a recent release - it looks like a recent one may have tinkered with this process?)
I get to step 6, select the PDF document and it just disappears somewhere - it's not attached to my song and I can't find it anywhere. 
Any thoughts.

arlo

Alec

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Also, when I export a PDF to BandHelper it says that it has been copied and can now be attached to a song. But it doesn't actually show up in the document list. I submitted a help ticket.

arlo

Okay, I fixed a bug with updating an existing document but that created a bug with adding a new document. I'll release a fix for that in the next hour. Meanwhile, if you're creating the PDF on your computer, you might as well add it to your song on your computer, through the BandHelper website -- that's much easier than emailing it to yourself, copying it from email into the app and adding it to the song in the app.

treceveu

Thanks Arlo.   Actually, because of my workflow, I find it convenient to e-mail myself a number of documents and then  add them later by editing a setlist in my "live performance" view on the iPad.   My trouble working with the web version of BH is that it seems to need to reload the entire song list every time before I can proceed with the next step.  In my rural location, I'm lucky to get 15Mbps so things can be kinda pokey.  Either way, not that big a deal - I've just gotten used to doing it the way I do.
Cheers

arlo

FWIW the whole song list would only load if you have clicked "All" after the page numbers at the bottom of the list. If you click a page number, it will only load 25 songs at a time.