Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Am I missing something!

Started by Quadcab, April 21, 2023, 08:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quadcab

Hi,
I've a couple of CME Widi Jacks on their way and was wondering if I need a 3rd party app, such as midimittr, to connect Bandhelper to them or is their a setting in BH that will take care of this? Trying to get rid of another set of cables!!
Thanks

arlo

You can click the MIDI button in the top toolbar and then click Connect to a Bluetooth Device.

jimm

After some experimentation, here's what's working for me: I have my to WIDI Masters set to "force peripheral" so that they don't auto-connect to each other. I then use the app Midiflow to set BandHelper -> device 1, and device 1 -> device 2.

Quadcab

Thanks guys. They arrive Tuesday, I'll let you know how I get on.

jimm

I've also added a routing in Midiflow from device 2 -> device 1, so both BandHelper and device 2 are sending MIDI to device 1. Works great!

Quadcab

So after they arrived I set the Widi Jacks and my iPad up as a group, and found they really didn't work how I thought they should, and were very glitchy. However I contacted CME through Facebook and they explained that I needed a Widi Bud Pro attached to my iPad. This acts as a central hub for the jacks and links to BH through its own bluetooth. Once it arrived the whole set up was working in less than ten minutes. Works well with BH midi presets, and we now have less cabling to do!

arlo

Thanks for the tip -- I'm not familiar with that type of setup.