Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Adding Songs via Web (like ult guitar)?

Started by MasonJames, April 26, 2023, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasonJames

Hello :)

I'm sure many BH users have used Ultimate Guitar. The feature that i love the most out of ult guitar is the search bar- as simple as that sounds. I tend to do "live-learns" of songs from time to time at gigs or just take random requests via search artist or song. This would be an amazing feature to somehow integrate with BH. I know there is a "find lyrics, chords, or song facts" in the song edit. But going through to add a song like that would take a while - especially in a live setting.

Im still a new user to BH and am loving it so far! The random song feature is amazing and the calculation of sets when planning a gig is amazing. No more guessing if i have enough songs for a gig!

arlo

BandHelper isn't designed for populating its database while performing. If while performing you need to look up lyrics to a song that you haven't yet added to your account, I recommend just doing that on the web and then adding it to your account later so you have it for next time.

Regarding search integration in general, there are technical issues and copyright issues involved with directly grabbing content from other sources. I've looked into licensing a lyrics database, but it's expensive and most users didn't want to pay for it:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,2724.0.html

I'm glad you're liking the product otherwise!

MasonJames

Thanks for the reply. Totally understand that and appreciate the price of this app!

I think I'm prob in the minority anyway of people who take requests at a show/gig of a song I don't particularly know haha.

Darug

Quote from: MasonJames on April 27, 2023, 08:16:15 AM
Thanks for the reply. Totally understand that and appreciate the price of this app!

I think I'm prob in the minority anyway of people who take requests at a show/gig of a song I don't particularly know haha.

We usually get a few, especially at parties