Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Importing database

Started by elaskram, April 29, 2023, 04:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elaskram

I am trying to export/import my bands database to another iPad. I seem to be able to export it through my iCloud storage, no problem.  When I try to import it into my other device, I can see the file in my iCloud storage, but when I open the folder it's in, the SLM database seems to be greyed out and not accessible as with all the other files in the folder. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Cheers.

arlo

Please make sure you have the current app version on the device you're exporting from and the device you're importing to.

Jwood1

I am having the same problem.  I am trying to import a database from a older 4th gen iPad that cannot run anything newer than 10.3.3.  My new 9th gen iPad runs 16.6.  Any way I can rescue my older database?

arlo

On iOS 9 or 10 you can update the app to version 2022-09-16, which is the last version that supports that OS. That version uses a database format that is compatible with the current app version.