Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Is there any help documentation

Started by dcraftfrombr, May 12, 2023, 07:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcraftfrombr

If I see an option in Bandhelper, is there anywhere I can go to get more information as to what that function does?
For example, another bandmember (Mike) needs to see the lyrics field transposed down. I know I can copy the lyrics field and paste it into Mike's personal lyrics, but I see the option for Personal Transpose with a b and # option next to it. Exactly how does this work, because it doesn't appear to do anything on my system. Is there full documentation that would explain this?

Thanks,
Dale

arlo

The transpose and personal transpose functions are covered in the Adding Lyrics tutorial:

https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/adding_lyrics.html

If Mike only wants to transpose the lyrics but not change them in any other way, he can use the Personal Transpose setting and there's no need to use the Personal Lyrics field.

dcraftfrombr

ok, I had Mike select the personal transpose to -2 and choose b and then save. Even after exiting the Bandhelper app completely, it still shows the lyrics with the original key. What am I doing wrong?

dcraftfrombr

update: I changed Mike's editing rights from "added data" to "all data" and it worked. Which is fine, but now how can backup the entire database periodically just in case he makes changes I don't want him to make?

arlo

Added Data users should be able to use the Personal Transpose function. I'll check that for the next update.

You can export your projects from the Account > Export page, but do undo specific changes it will be much easier to use the Account > History page.

arlo

Saving the Personal Transpose setting by Added Data users has been fixed in today's updates.