Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Sending Midi Presets with Remote Controls

Started by KeytarPaul, June 14, 2023, 05:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeytarPaul

I use BH on Android USBed into a Keyboard Synth that has pattern variations I can select with SYSx code in a Midi Preset.
IT WORKS GREAT!
But rather than pressing the Midi Button on the Screen to select from the Pop-up list of Presets - I want to use a midi foot switch with BH Remote Control receiving Note Numbers to trigger the Midi Presets.

On the Remote Control page there are a list of Send Midi 1 though 10
Send Layout Midi 1 through 10
And Next and Previous Midi Preset

How do I target the specific Midi Presets I have added to the song? 

I have set up Send Midi 1 -3 with note numbers in Remote Control.

But it's not working.

arlo

You would use the Send MIDI 1-10 actions.

You can click the MIDI button in the top toolbar and look at its Activity Log to confirm your foot switch is sending the messages you think it is, and then click the foot switch button in the top toolbar and look at its Activity Log to confirm the incoming messages are mapping to the desired actions.

KeytarPaul

Thanks for Writing Arlo.
Here is a link to a small video confirming the Note Numbers are being sent by the "footswitch" (Tester).

https://youtu.be/AMpxwuaWE08

I have the those note numbers set on the Remote Control Page as:
Send Midi 1 = Note 29
Send Midi 2 = Note 31
Send Midi 3 = Note 33

KeytarPaul

"foot switch button in the top toolbar and look at its Activity Log to confirm the incoming messages are mapping to the desired actions."

I am not sure how I would tell from the 3 SYSX numbers (91, 29, 7F) that these are mapping to the desired actions...?

arlo

In the video, you're actually sending notes 41 (hex 29), 43 (hex 2B) and 45 (hex 2D).

You can use this web page to convert between decimal and hexadecimal:

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/hex-to-decimal.html

If the incoming MIDI messages matched any of your remote control actions, you would see "triggered action ____" in the remote control activity log.

KeytarPaul

arlo