Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bulk delete of songs/sets

Started by greiswig, June 04, 2023, 01:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greiswig

I have no idea how, but one of my set lists now has 16 sets in it, mostly with repeat songs. It's like a bunch of the sets cloned themselves repeatedly. Is there any way to avoid going song-by-song to delete all these duplicates?

arlo

If you go to Repertoire > Set Lists > [set list name] > Songs in the website, you can click previous versions of the set lists in the history list in the left column, then click Save after the version you want is loaded.

greiswig

Thank you, Arlo. Can I make a feature request, then? To add a way to bulk-select songs from a playlist for deletion? It might be an additional option to the bulk move, for example.

arlo

It only takes one click to remove each song and then one final click to save, so this already takes one less click than a batch delete function where you would select each song you want to remove, then click a remove button, then click the save button.

greiswig

I beg to differ. FWIW, I'm a professional UX and Product Designer, and I just went through the process of getting rid of all those sets (which I still don't know how they got there), and the process was
1. Select a song
2. Hit the - button
3. (sometimes, but not always) get the "Are you sure you want to do this?" message
4. Confirm
5. Select next song to delete.
There were over 100 duplicate songs and sets in this one set list. So at least 100 clicks, and really closer to 200 clicks.

With a bulk action, I envision
1. Select song at start of set to delete
2. Select ellipsis menu
3. Select "Delete multiple items"
4. At prompt, select the last item to delete.
5. Confirm.
That is 5 clicks.

Alternatively, in the "View Set List" page,
1. Select check boxes for songs to be deleted
2. Select (from a new menu) "Delete songs"
3. Confirm.
With the ability to shift+click a range, that reduces the number of clicks drastically.

arlo

It's not common to have 100 duplicate songs added to a set list -- in fact I've never heard of it before -- so I don't think it makes sense to add a new workflow for that. Did you try my suggestion of rolling back to the last saved version?