Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Rating system - How do you use it?

Started by Darug, June 04, 2023, 08:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darug

Does anyone here use this feature. I couldn't see much on it, however it looks like a great idea.
IS do you do 1 for Love, and 5 for detest, or what would work crowd wise? Or dod you do 5 out of 5 like on Google, that you love it, and 1 for don't like it?
If the latter, maybe an option for highest ratings win, or highest average vote?

Or otherwise the lowest score/rating wins. Would be a handy feature, to make use of on the Web based version?

arlo

5 is good, 1 is bad. The idea is to gather your bandmates' opinion of each song and see the average rating, which you can then consider when building a set list or smart list. From the release notes:

"You can click the rating icon in the Repertoire > Songs list and rate the song from 1 (low) to 5 (high). Then you can sort the list by rating, or add a smart list sorted by rating, or sort the Add Songs popup by rating when editing a set list, and you'll see the songs sorted by the average rating from your bandmates. You can also add the rating to your layouts or to shared set lists. The rating shown on the icons in the Songs list and the picker on the song edit page is your personal rating, while the rating shown everywhere else is the average rating."

You can also look at the bottom of the song edit page to see the individual ratings that each band member has entered (or to see who hasn't rated the song at all).

Darug

Thank you Arlo.

I know it seems logical that 5 is Good/Great, but maybe change the option somehow to be 5 Stars, (or great for 5), and 1 star for Low in the rating dropdown?

arlo

It would take more room to display five stars in the song lists, and I don't want to mix the current "crest" icons with star icons. But in the new app versions released today, the rating value pickers are sorted with 5 at the top and 1 at the bottom; hopefully that will be more intuitive.

Darug

Thank you. I just saw that on the release notes.

Darug

Quote from: arlo on June 19, 2023, 09:42:46 AM
It would take more room to display five stars in the song lists, and I don't want to mix the current "crest" icons with star icons. But in the new app versions released today, the rating value pickers are sorted with 5 at the top and 1 at the bottom; hopefully that will be more intuitive.
I just had a look on the site and on my Android phone. And didn't see anything on the screen, to reflect this. I've attached the spot, where it could be?

arlo

If you click the Rating menu under your red circle, you'll see the options listed from 5 down to 1 instead of from 1 to 5 as they were before.

Darug

I just meant to add something beside the word Rating - IE (5 means Great, 1 means Bad/Don't like etc)

:)