Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

iRig Blueboard on Android Bandhelper compatability?

Started by rmarton123, May 27, 2017, 06:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmarton123

iRig Blueboard sounds like what I need. Is it compatible with Android / Bandhelper. Do I need a special app or will Bandhelper on Android be able to handle it"

arlo

The Blueboard only works with iOS and Mac, not Android. Try the Airturn Stomp 6 for an Android-compatible alternative:

http://www.airturn.com/143-110-3-123.html

KeytarPaul

Can I assume from this search result that the iRig Blueboard now works on Android 8.1 with Bluetooth 4?

arlo

Your search result refers to the iRig BlueTurn, which is different than the BlueBoard. The BlueBoard product page still only lists iOS and Mac compatibility:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigblueboard/index.php?p=specs

Maybe it would work with Android in Bluetooth mode? Mine has older firmware and I never succeeded in updating it, so I can't try it myself.

KeytarPaul

So I am now using Bandhelper on Android to send sys hex commands to my keyboard. I want to use the Blueboard to Send them with Remote Control. Do we know yet if I can do this?

arlo

Nothing has changed since my previous answer. If you already have a Blueboard, you could try it and let us know if it works. If you don't have a foot switch yet, I recommend buying one that says it is compatible with Android.

KeytarPaul

Still trying to find out before I buy. I think I'll buy one and let you know. If it doesn't work I can return it.

arlo

Is there a reason you want a Blueboard specifically rather than a foot switch that officially supports Android?

Darug

I own a Galaxy Fold 3 and a Blueboard. I mainly use an Ipad, and not tested it with a Blueboard. If I get a chance (and remember), I'll test it. May be a few days.

Darug

Just following up that I managed to get my Blueboard to connect to Bandhelper from my Samsung Galaxy Fold 3.
I had to try connecting to teh device twice.
I used the same method as a previous post I read, however I was only able to get the buttons to work with commands Previous Song and Next Song.
I was able to match these to the 4 buttons (Note 60, 62, 64, 65), however the Advance Scroll command and Display Setlist command didn't work? Possible Glitch?
. I wonder if this command works on other Foot stomp devices.
I didn't try any other commands as I don't like to muck around with my setup too much.

So technically yes, it is compatible, but not all commands? :)

arlo

Thanks for testing this. Unfortunately, I think that success with unsupported Bluetooth products on Android will vary with different phones and tablets, so the Blueboard might work for some people but not others.

I think those actions are fine but there's some issue with the way you're using them. We could troubleshoot that in a help ticket if you actually wanted to use that setup.

Darug

The buttons weem to work, but just didn't work with those changes. It's not important to me, as I use an Ipad, and have my phone as a backup, in case I run out of battery. I might log a ticket when I have a spare 5 minutes, in case I (or someone else needs it in the future). I have an older Samsung tablet, I can check with as well.

Darug

Quote from: KeytarPaul on May 21, 2023, 11:30:40 AM
Still trying to find out before I buy. I think I'll buy one and let you know. If it doesn't work I can return it.

Please see my below testing remarks, as well as my other Posthttp://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,3074.0.html