Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Markers

Started by skipdorsey, June 26, 2023, 04:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipdorsey

I have a Donner Pedal with different modes. I have an entire play (successive pages) in the form of one long PDF.  Since some song are several pages long, is there a way to keep my page up and page down and also set markers so I can jump to different songs? I've tried to set them individually using the arrow up and down for pages and left and right for markers but the markers override or erase my single page turns.

arlo

If you add markers to a document, then the markers basically become the pages. You can use the Next/Previous Screen actions instead, which will not be affected by the markers.

However, I can't really recommend your approach of putting all your songs into one long PDF instead of setting up individual songs in the app. I don't know what advantages you're getting from doing that, but it will defeat a lot of the functionality of the app, like the ability to auto-scroll the documents, play a metronome with each song's tempo, or jump around to different songs while rehearsing.

skipdorsey

My long pdf was made that way instead of individual pages, so I'm trying to use markers a a work around.
I haven't run across markers in the tutorials or in the documentation but I'm sure they can be a valuable tool. I just wish I knew more of the possibilities of using them.
I noticed that markers can be made in places different places on a document which is great because some of my charts start in places other than the top of pages.  Great!
Is there a way to bring up a list of markers on a document and then go directly to that particular marker? Similar to the button that brings up song lists.
Also today I experimented with marking my entire document 30+ songs ( a copy. I still have the original as a safeguard) when I went to the song view I was able to see individual mp3s audio but no documents!!!  It surprised me because it found the songs from my files/ library.  I hadn't previously put those MP3s into set list maker!!!  If it was able to show the chart places/pages that were marked it would be even more impressive!
Normally I am able to get individual pages/charts and bring them into SetList Maker but this has been a unique case, which hopefully can inspire new ways to accomplish fixes to challenges!

arlo

QuoteMy long pdf was made that way instead of individual pages

You could split it up using free PDF editing tools.

I haven't run across markers in the tutorials or in the documentation

This is covered in the Attaching Documents tutorial:

http://www.setlistmaker.com/tutorials/attaching_documents.html

Is there a way to bring up a list of markers on a document and then go directly to that particular marker

Yes, you can edit your layout and add the Multiple Markers button.