Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Tempochange playing Medleys

Started by Odi, July 01, 2023, 03:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odi

Hi,
we are playing some Medleys which includes some Tempochanges.
I'm thinking of using Bandhelper for the Click Track.

Is there a way (sending Sysex?) to change the Tempo on the Fly?

i found a possibility to create a butten for Tempo change, but it will trigger the Bar from the beginning.
But Triggering the Tempo change exactly on the 1 is difficult.

So it would bee cool heaving the possibility to change the Time via SysEx ore something like that.
Very best would be to have the Tempchange synced e.g. Pressing a button and on the next 1 the Tempo will change.

is there something i can do to meet my requirements?
br
Odi

arlo

No; if you need multiple tempos within a song, I recommend making a custom click track in a DAW, then attaching the resulting audio file to a song in BandHelper.

challtag

Hello,
I'm Newbie here - my aim is to validate, if your App may suit my needs:

My Music also contain steady tempo changes
which is to be baked into the Wavs,
BUT
I'd also need to run a MIDI-Track (.mid) alongside for AUTOMATIONS, as PC, CC, Pitchbend... naturally,
with exactly the same tempo changes.

Inspecting the .Mid - Data Format, this container allows and supports/inherents Tempo Information per bit -
as Cubase, Logic Pro and ProTools showing they are
capable of exporting/hard backing into their
MIDI-Track Exports.

So, now MY QUESTION :
Will your App be able to interpret this tempo data?
As, this is crucial for me -
I already can say, some other Backing attack Software as StageTraxx3 etc, isn't capable of doing so right now, JFYI

arlo

I would expect a Standard MIDI File (SMF, .mid extension) to play with any embedded tempo changes. I know it will use the initial tempo, but I haven't tried it with additional tempos set later in the file. I recommend giving it a try with a free 30-day trial.

Note that the iOS and macOS versions can send data from an SMF, but the Android version can't. (The Android version can play music from an SMF but not send its data.)

challtag

Hi @Odi,
thanks for the clarification.
Concerning the Android - Issue being fit for sending Midi Data.

Would it change things, if my.. :
(Android) Tablet would be hooked to an
Audio Interface with MIDI Out?
(asking, because my KenMcMillen K-Mix plus MIDI-Out-Box is already key-part in my setup?)

thanks again,
much appreciated

arlo

No, the Android app can't send data from a MIDI file even if you have an external audio/MIDI interface.

challtag

understood, thanks again.

Again, one last question - please:
Can your Software create a tempo map from an audio file?

arlo

No, it can just play one steady tempo that you set, either by entering a bpm value or using the tap tempo button.